briz coffee has been established on the 15th of June 2012 by Olivier Mordang as Managing Director and the Group Vanden Avenne (http://www.vda.be), which is a strong family owned company trading in grains, as foremen of the Board of Directors.
On the 3rd of August 2012, Pia De Baets has joined the company as Managing Director and shareholder. Pia has started her coffee career in 1996 and Olivier in 1998. Both Managing Directors have so built a broad experience in the coffee business, trading, hedging and management.
This triple shareholding structure guarantees the long-term commitment as well as a stable financial structure.
Over the last years, briz coffee has been growing on many aspects:
• Its professional team has increased from 9 to 11 persons
• Trading volumes have risen gradualy and are nowadays stable
• Profit has been reinjected in the company every year
• Credit lines have doubled
• Offer of coffee qualities has largely broadened
• Stocks are available in many EU ports as well as Mombasa and Dar-es-Salaam
Enriched by its experience, professional team, growth and reinvestment, briz coffee has laid a solid foundation for the second phase of its development.